Muffin Tin Chicken Taco Cups
36 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 packet (1-ounce) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa, divided
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Optional – Sour cream, finely chopped green onions, finely chopped ripe black olives
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the chicken in a bowl and toss with the taco seasoning.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add the chicken, cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, cool slightly and use a Chef Knife to chop into small pieces. Combine the chicken, onion, half of the salsa and 1 cup of the cheese in a large bowl.
- Press the wonton wrappers into miniature muffin pans coated with cooking spray. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the chicken mixture into the wonton cups, top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and olives if desired.
- These can be made ahead and frozen. Just reheat after thawing in the refrigerator.