- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dashi granules
- 3-4 tablespoons white or yellow miso paste
- 2 sheets of nori, cut into large squares (optional)
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/4 cup silken firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a low simmer and dissolve dashi granules. If you can’t find dashi granules, you can instead use 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- While your broth is simmering, place miso into a small bowl, add a little hot water and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- To the broth add the nori, mushrooms, spinach and bok choy, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the miso and stir.
- Add the tofu and simmer until the ingredients are all warm.
- Remove from heat and add the green onions.
- Taste and add a pinch of sea salt if desired. Serve warm. Best when fresh.