Mason Jar Buffalo Chicken Salad
4-1 quart wide mouth Mason jarsBack to recipe
For Low Fat Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 ounces fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons low fat blue cheese dressing
- 8 tablespoons hot sauces (we recommend Frank's hot sauce)
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
Make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, mash blue cheese and yogurt together with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 1 cup.
Make the salad:
- Divide the ingredients among four jars, layering in the order listed.
- To serve, shake the salad and eat from the jar or pour into a bowl.