- 8 ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons grainy or regular Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, chopped (such as parsley, dill, thyme)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds and walnuts)
- Combine Cheddar and cream cheese, smoked paprika, cayenne and mustard in the bowl of a food processor or mixer. Pulse or blend to combine, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional cayenne, if desired.
- Transfer to a piece of parchment paper and roll into a log. Wrap in plastic and chill until firm, about 2 hours, or up to 3 days in advance.
- When ready to serve, combine herbs and nuts on a tray. Unwrap cheese log and roll in herb-nut mixture, pressing the coating onto the log. If not serving right away, re-wrap and refrigerate up to 1 hour. Spread on crostini or crackers.