Golden Roasted Turkey Breast with Orange Zest, Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffing
Serving size 1/4 recipe, 4 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons no-salt-added chicken or vegetable stock (divided)
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil), chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1-1 1/4 pounds boneless turkey breast with skin, aka turkey London broil
- In sauté pan, combine olive oil, onion and stock. Cook, stirring over low heat, until onion is tender. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring until tender and moisture has evaporated, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook, stirring until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, orange zest, basil and a grinding of fresh black pepper. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Stuff mixture under the skin of turkey breast. Place in roasting pan and pour 1 cup additional stock or wine over turkey breast. Refrigerate until ready to roast.
- Roast in a 375 degrees F convection oven (25-30 minutes) or a 400 degrees F standard oven (40-45 minutes) until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Can be basted with pan juices during roasting. Remove skin before serving.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat