Garlic Parmesan Tri-Tip Kabobs
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound tri-tip
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoons pepper
Vegetables for skewers:
- Cutting against the grain, cut the tri-tip into 2x2-inch cubes. In a bowl combine olive oil, garlic, sea salt, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Toss the cubes of meat in the marinade and then skewer them. Allow a small gap between each piece of meat. Set smoker to a temp of 160-180 F for 1 hour. After they have had a smoke bath, finish them off by searing them at a high heat until they hit an internal temp of 140-145 F (or your desired finish temperature).
- Note: If you want to do veggies, add them into the marinade before the meat and skewer them on separate skewers. Cook them on the grill while the tri-tip is searing so you are not overcooking them while trying to finish off the meat.
- Great to serve on a bed of rice or as is.