Easy Summer Coleslaw
8 - 10 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1 head cabbage, cored and shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin – white and green parts
- 1 dill pickle, minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix the cabbage, carrot, sweet onion, green onions and dill pickle together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, pickle juice, vinegar, mustard, sugar, cayenne pepper, salt and garlic powder together in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the slaw using only enough to coat the slaw mix. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.