Easy Reuben Casserole
6 ? 8 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1 large loaf rye bread cut into cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 16-ounce jar sauerkraut
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup bottled Russian dressing
- 4 dill pickle slices, finely chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced corned beef, chopped ? divided
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded ? divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put half of the bread cubes in the baking dish.
- Combine the sauerkraut, sour cream, Russian dressing and chopped pickles in a large bowl. Pour half of the mix over the bread.
- Top with 1 cup corned beef. Sprinkle with 1 cup Swiss cheese.
- Put the remaining bread cubes on top, pushing down so they adhere to the sauce mixture. Top with remaining sauerkraut, sour cream, dressing mixture. Sprinkle with remaining corned beef and cheese. Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve hot.