Chicken Enchilada Casserole
4 ServingsBack to recipe
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican style shredded four cheese blend, divided
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix sour cream and tomatillo salsa or salsa verde until blended. Set aside
- In a large skillet, cook and stir onions and garlic in hot oil 4-5 minutes or until crisp tender. Stir in shredded chicken, 1 cup of the sour cream mixture, chilies and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place, seam side down, in a 13 x 9 baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with remaining sour cream mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 15-20 minutes. Remove foil and place under broiler until cheese is lightly browned.