4 ? 6 servingsBack to recipe
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1.25-ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 7-ounce can diced green chilies
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 10-ounce bag taco flavored corn chips, crumbled
- 2 cups guacamole
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 2.25-ounce can sliced black olives
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- Unroll crust and fit into 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Bake about 10 minutes. (See baking tips below.) Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Sauté red and green peppers in a large, non-stick skillet for 5 – 7 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain any fat. Add the seasoning mix.
- To assemble, spread beans on pie crust. Layer on half of the meat mixture and then a layer of chilies and a layer of cheese. Layer other half of meat, chilies and cheese. Top with crumbled corn chips. (We used about 2 1/2 cups of crumbled chips.)
- Top with crumbled corn chips. (We used about 2 1/2 cups of crumbled chips.) Bake at 350°For 25 – 30 minutes. Allow pie to cool before cutting. Serve with toppings.
- Pie crust baking tips: Press the crust onto bottom and sides of pan. Allow the dough to hang over edge about 3/4". Fold under and crimp. If you have time, freeze the crust for an hour or two before baking. When ready to bake, line the crust with parchment paper and fill the crust with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. This will prevent the crust from shrinking.