Cauliflower Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- 1 medium head cauliflower, leaves removed and riced (4-5 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chives, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, carefully lift the lid or plastic wrap, and stir with a fork.
- Place a paper towel over the cauliflower and gently squeeze out the excess moisture and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, butter and yogurt together.
- Add the cauliflower and 1 ½ cups cheese and mix until everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, baking powder and flour. Add this mixture to your wet ingredients and combine gently.
- Add the chives and garlic and mix gently (make sure not to overmix).
- Scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of the batter and place it onto your baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure to keep space between your biscuits.
- Sprinkle the biscuits with remaining cheddar cheese and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the biscuits are slightly browned.
- Place the biscuits onto a cooling rack and enjoy.