- One 12-14 ounce bread (stale bread is best)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (add in a little nutmeg as well)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Southern butter pecan coffee creamer
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick of cold butter
- Optional: extra blueberries, fresh fruit, maple syrup, whipped cream, and/or confectioners' sugar for topping
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray. Slice bread into about 1-inch cubes. Spread cubes into the prepared baking pan and top evenly with blueberries. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, creamer and vanilla together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Pour over the bread.
- Use a Vegetable Peeler to shave 1 stick of cold butter over the top of the casserole and sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top to give it a nice topping. (This is just a bonus thing to do, but I highly recommend it.)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve immediately with a drizzle of syrup, a dollop of whip cream or as is. Easily serves 8.
- This works really, really well in Dutch oven/cast iron in your pellet grill. I recommend heating it to 375 F and once you've put the dish in, adjust the temperature to 350 F. Using a fruitwood or pecan would be my wood recommendation.