Easter is days away and as is with every holiday, there's always the question of what to do with all the leftovers. The candy can hang out in the freezer to enjoy later, some of the leftovers can be reheated for a quick and easy dinner, the desserts will go home with dinner guests and then there are all those hard-boiled eggs.
Toss some into this easy Pasta Cobb Salad to help use them up. Instead of lettuce greens, the base of the salad is gemelli pasta. If you can't find gemelli at your grocery store, you can certainly use farfelle, rotini or even penne. However, the ranch dressing coats this twisted pasta well and it mixes nicely with the rest of the traditional Cobb salad ingredients.
For prepping the ingredients use a utility knife, like the Trimmer, to cut the bacon, eggs and tomatoes.
Pasta Cobb Salad
- 1 pound gemelli pasta
- 6 slices bacon
- Ranch dressing
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Drain and put in a large serving bowl.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Drain and chop. Set aside.
- Add about 1/2 cup of ranch dressing to the pasta and toss until evenly coated. Add bacon, eggs, tomatoes, avocado and blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add more ranch dressing and toss again until everything is nicely coated.